Handbook

Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome to First Grade!

Dear Girls & Boys,


Welcome to first grade! I hope you are having a terrific summer.  I can't wait to meet all of you!  Did you remember to read this summer for the school-wide summer reading program?  This year we will have lots of fun learning together.

Our first day is Tuesday, September 2, 2014.

I hope you will be able to drop off your school supplies in the office before August 25th.  I will get all of your materials organized and put away.

On the first day of school, please bring the following:
  • A backpack
  • A picture of yourself to share with the class and hang on our bulletin board
Here are some fun facts about first grade:

~You will get to sit at your very own desk!
~You will become a reader!
~You will write stories!
~You will play math games!
~You will work on iPads!
~You will make new friends!

Families:  
This blog is my "newsletter" to the families of my first graders.  I encourage you to "subscribe" to the blog in the upper right hand corner of the side bar where it says "Follow By Email."  That way you will receive an email alert each time I post new information.   

I am attaching a Google survey for you to fill out to help me get to know your child.  All comments will be kept in confidence between you & me.  If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me at kpiaro@grafton.k12.wi.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment