This school year will be a little different. Mrs. Korb and I will be co-teaching and sharing the responsibilities of teaching the class each morning. I am excited about this teaching model and believe that all of the children will benefit from having two adults in the classroom.
The reason I have this blog is to keep the families updated on the learning taking place in our classroom. So often, first graders go home and can not remember what they did during our busy school days. Mrs. Korb & I will be updating the blog frequently to help you have conversations with your child about what they learned in school. Be sure to subscribe to the blog by entering your email in the upper right hand corner of the blog. You will get an email asking you to verify you wish to subscribe to the updates. After doing this, each time we update the blog, you will receive an email letting you know we have posted something new for you to see.
Boys and girls, we will have lots of fun learning together this school year. We'd like to ask you a favor... Could you bring a picture of yourself to share with the class on the first day of school? These pictures will be displayed for the class to see on one of our bulletin boards.
Families, we are attaching a survey to this blog post. All answers will be confidential and only Mrs. Korb and I will be able to see them. Please respond to the survey ASAP to help us be ready to meet your child on the first day of school. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns you can contact us at kpiaro@grafton.k12.wi.us or kkorb@grafton.k12.wi.us.
We are looking forward to having a wonderful year in first grade with all of you! ~Mrs. Piaro
No comments:
Post a Comment