Handbook

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Math Thinking & Other Notes

This past week, the class got a chance to write our principal a note.  In this note, they had to explain to him how to measure our playground's blacktop area without using a ruler.  Here are some of their thoughts... {Underneath I typed the conventional spelling, in case there's something you can't read!}

Feet by heel to heel.  On the door to the grass.

Today I have to tell Mr. Joynt how to measure the black top.  I told him I can't use rulers.  I said I can use my body.  I can use my feet.  I can walk on the blacktop then I can tell you how long the blacktop is.  But it is a long blacktop so it might take a long time.  The end.


I will do a pace.  A pace is regular walking.
There has been a {slight} change to the weekly spelling routine.  Instead of giving 3 anchor words from 1 spelling pattern, there will be 2 anchor words for 2 different spelling patterns which we will be comparing and sorting throughout the week.  When it comes time to take the test, these 4 anchor words will be on the test, along with 2 transfer words from each word family taught.  We will continue to learn 4 new high frequency words each week.

Spelling and High Frequency words for the week of December 10th:
spelling patterns: -ug, -ut
anchor words:  hug, but, but, hut
high frequency words:  are, into, that, said


No comments:

Post a Comment