Today your child will have updated calendars and words in his / her daily folder. Please notice that I have added each week's spelling and word wall words right on the December calendar to help keep everyone organized!
There is also a new reading bag coming home with the December form. Thank you, thank you for listening to your first grader read each night. I saw the following chart online and wanted to share it with you. While we certainly don't require 20 minutes of independent reading at home for homework this year, your child is reading about this much daily during class each day. Reading at home will help your child prepare for next year's 20 minutes daily expectation and help build a life long love of reading. You can link back to the original site by clicking on the photo.
| Link to Source |
Spelling test is on Friday.
Last Friday's test will be coming home today. This first one was done together as a class to help teach the routine of taking a spelling test. While this week, the children will need to spell the words independently, I will still be giving support to children who need it. I want to set up these first experiences to be positive ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment