Handbook

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing Winter Break.  

This short week will be filled with re-establishing classroom routines while we continue on with our learning.  While there will be no spelling test this week, the children will be expected to learn this week's spelling pattern and high frequency words.  We will practice in class, but please reinforce this at home, too.
Click HERE to make a copy.


In Science, we will continue our learning about the Polar Regions.  Here's a fun book turned into a video you can watch at home:


Back in December, the class "Knocked My Socks Off" and voted for their reward.  They earned popcorn and a movie time.  This week, we will enjoy a movie about the animals who live in the polar regions and enjoy some popcorn to go along with it.  

Today the children worked on writing a New Year's Resolution or Promise.  Everyone showed great EFFORT - our character trait this month - when writing their promises.  Here is a sampling of what they wrote:
"I will get off my Kindle.  I will listen to my mom and my dad."

"I will read for 24 hours.  I will be good.  I will make more friends."

"I will get off my mom's computer.  I promise to eat more vegetables."

"I will stop playing the X-Box so much."

I promise my mom that I will babysit my baby brother."

"I will eat more fruits and vegetables.  I will listen to mom and dad.  I will pinky promise if I promise somebody."

"I will drink more water.  I will stop hitting my brother."

"I promise to eat my vegetables when I am asked to."

"I will eat my dinner.  I will clean my room."





No comments:

Post a Comment