Handbook

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Weekly News

Thank you so very much for coming in and visiting for your parent-teacher conference.  I had 100% attendance.  I love being able to share about my students.  

One question that came up from time to time was how to help with reading.  Below you will see one of my anchor charts.  Children get into some bad habits when coming to unknown words.  The children are all working on recognizing when they make a mistake when reading and doing something to self-correct.  The top of the chart shows some of our bad habits.  We are trying to pick up the good habits.  Please consider using this chart during your reading homework time as needed.


This coming week I have many fun things planned!

Math:  We will continue to look at the tens and ones in two digit numbers.  Towards the end of the week I will give my first lessons on analog clocks.  The kids have been so excited to learn to tell time!

Writing:  We will explore our 5 senses and do some fun fall writing this week!

Reading:  The children will learn how they can be strong when they come to hard parts in books so they don't give up. 

Science:   More rocks are on their way!  In investigation 2 we will explore how rocks can be separated by size, take a close look at sand, and will find out if there is something even smaller than sand.

Please remember that Friday is an early release day. 
Have a wonderful week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment